- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Sussex Partnership
Pick and choose or hone in on your favorite subject at the University of Sussex. This university offers an impressive range of courses across many subjects. Find your favorite reading spot on this contained campus or stroll by the sea at the famous Brighton Pier.
University of Sussex Partnership Benefits
- Sussex has an international reputation for top quality research and innovative styles of teaching with a wide variety of academic offerings meant to be mixed and matched from several departments
- The university is organized into schools of study, which bring together related subject areas and provide academic, social and advising services
- Enjoy sports facilities and club activities for more unusual sports such as aikido, canoeing, parachuting and windsurfing
- Program is especially good for STEM majors
- Enjoy easy access to downtown Brighton, four miles away, and its twin city of Hove and it is seaside
What our students say
5 Tips for Backpacking Around Europe
Studying Abroad as a Woman of Color
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at University of Sussex Partnership
IFSA requires students to enroll in a full course load abroad. A full load at Sussex is 60 Sussex credits for the semester and 120 Sussex credits for the year.
15 credits= 4 U.S. semester credit hours
30 credits= 8 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.