- Fall: March 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Western Australia
UWA will suit independent and curious students who want to stay off the beaten track and explore life in the stunning, yet isolated city in the world, Perth. The city offers a relaxed, and funky lifestyle with the beach just minutes away from the city center. UWA is the oldest and most prestigious university in Western Australia. UWA is a research-intensive university, meaning that students can take part in research projects in various roles.
University of Western Australia Benefits
- Perth is a great location for students who want an immersive experience on a small program at a big university
- Live and study alongside Australian students
- Enjoy the best of city and campus life on a beautiful campus with open courtyards and Mediterranean-style architecture, about three miles from the city center
- Gain valuable experience through the internship program — work with community/government/non-profit organizations in Perth and gain academic credit
- Local arts venues accommodate some of the city's most celebrated cultural events and great facilities for sports and recreation, including a gymnasium, fitness center, two swimming pools, and courts for squash and tennis
- An active students' guild runs on-campus food and drink outlets, organizes student entertainment and supports a full range of social, cultural and athletic clubs and societies
- Vast course offerings and a hands-on approach to learning
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Western Australia Partnership
Most students take four classes each worth 6 UWA points for a total of 16 U.S. semester credit hours.
4 UWA points = 3 U.S. semester credit hours
6 UWA points = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
12 UWA points = 8 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
UWA offers an Arts Practicum that is open to study abroad students. This unit is designed for humanities and social science students, but students from other disciplines have participated as well. This practicum is an opportunity to gain work experience while applying the skills you have developed in a supervised project. If you are interested in this opportunity or you have questions, please contact your IFSA program advisor.
The University of Western Australia offers internships with non-profit, community and government organizations through the McCusker Centre for Citizenship. Internships are open to all study abroad students and students will do the internship for credit in place of one of their 4 regular classes. Interested students should contact their IFSA program advisor for more information.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!