- Fall: March 15—Extended to May 1
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Wollongong
Wollongong, where the mountains meet the sea. One of the closest campuses to the beach, UW offers some of the best opportunities meet Australians, as most students at other campuses tend to commute. An hour and a half train ride from downtown Sydney, Wollongong is a large, yet affordable city.
University of Wollongong Benefits
- Live and learn on an ecologically designed campus in the foothills of the Mt. Keira rainforest and overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- The gorgeous, hilly coastal city is close to neighboring city Sydney
- Excellent academics in a friendly, supportive and smaller university environment known for innovative approaches to teaching, learning and research
- Ranked in the top 2 percent of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University and QS World University Rankings
- On-campus amenitites include pubs, cafes, restaurants, bank, bookstore and general store, plus a recreation and aquatic center
- Enjoy concerts, movies, plays and art exhibitions without leaving campus and try new activities like surfing, scuba diving, self defense or dance
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Wollongong Partnership
For a listing of class offerings, check out the Univeristy of Wollongong online course catalog and select "Undergraduate" of the proper year to view available courses.
The number of courses you take depends on the credit value of the courses you select. At the University of Wollongong, a full course load consists of 24 University of Wollongong points per semester or 48 University of Wollongong points per year, for a total of 15-16 University U.S. semester credit hours per semester.
4 UOW points = 2.5 U.S. semester credit hours
6 UOW points = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
8 UOW points = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
- Faculty of Arts: must meet prerequisites
- Faculty of Creative Arts: 200 level and above are restricted to students majoring in the relevant study area
- Faculty of Commerce: must meet prerequisites
- Faculty of Education: study abroad students cannot take these courses — EDPP102, EDPP201, EDPP301, EDPP403, EDPD101, EDPD105, EDPD204, EDPS202, EDPD206, EDPD304, EDPD306, EDPD404, EDPD406, EDPD401, EDPD402, EDCM201, EDUP 235, EDUP 234
- Faculty of Engineering: must meet prerequisites N
- Nursing subjects are restricted to students who are nursing majors at their home university
- Faculty of Informatics: must meet prerequisites
- Faculty of Law: must meet prerequisites
- Faculty of Science: must meet prerequisites
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!