- Fall: April 1-Extended to April 15
- Spring: November 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Victoria University of Wellington
Nestled in the heart of New Zealand's hilly capital city is a vibrant campus with an award-winning International leadership program. Here not only will you be encouraged academically but you will find yourself living in a diverse, artsy, cosmopolitan city home to more cafés and bars per capita than even New York City.
Victoria University of Wellington Benefits
- Live and learn in a compact, cosmopolitan and vibrant academic setting
- Business students study at an AACSB accredited business program
- Participate in the Victoria International Leadership Program (VILP), an academically-oriented extracurricular program focused on themes of international leadership, cross-cultural communication, global connectedness and sustainability—the first program of its kind in New Zealand
- An active student union and more than 90 cultural, social and athletic clubs to choose from
- Get to know local students through the International Buddy Programme
What our students say
Understanding Your Power: 7 Ways to Make Your Semester Overseas Less About You
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Victoria University of Wellington Partnership
Students take 3 or 4 classes each semester, depending on the credits awarded. A full load of courses at Victoria is 60 Victoria points. Credit conversions are as follows:
15 Victoria Points = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
20 Victoria Points = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
- Study abroad students are not permitted to take practical education courses.
- You can only take yearlong courses if you plan to study abroad for the calendar year (semesters 1 and 2, in that order).
- Victoria University of Wellington has course restrictions in certain faculties and disciplines. Click here to view the list of restrictions.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!